1. He is the only surgeon in northeast Florida who is board certified to perform LASIK. Dr. Schneider underwent vigorous testing before he was certified by the American Board of Eye Surgeons. (American Board of Eye Surgeons web site: www.aces-abes.org/floridalasik.htm
2. He is sub-specialist is laser vision correction and other corneal surgeries. He researched and trained an extra year to enhance his skills. This sets him apart from most general ophthalmologists.
3. He has participated in refractive surgery research and has always been on the cutting edge of new technologies, and lectures nationally and internationally.
4. One of the first 9 surgeons in the US to perform LASIK. Performed LASIK for the first time in 1995 as part of an FDA trial before the excimer laser was approved for the general public.
5. Has peformed over 10,000 laser vision correction procedures.
6. Trained at Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. Both considered to be the absolute best medical insitutions in the world, and was invited to direct both institutions refractive surgery programs.
7. Was the first Mayo Clinic physicians to perform laser vision correction while director of refractive surgery services for the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida.
8. His desire for excellence in both the service he and his staff delivers and the surgery he performs with a caring, compassionate heart for each of his patients.